About the Boat
We maintain our boats to the highest standard with no compromise on cleanliness.
The Midland Mallard is a quiet flexible six berth narrow boat (63ft) long with various optional layouts. The boat has central heating and hot water provided throughout the boat.
The above diagram shows the option with four single beds. Single beds can be joined to create a standard double bed giving all possible layouts. Bed linen will be provided based on your layout request. There are also doors between the bedrooms ensuring your privacy when required. A travel hairdryer is also provided as conservation of energy on a boat is always advisable.
|VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT OVERALL LEVEL OF QUALITY|
On board there are two bathrooms containing two toilets, showers and hand basins. Please bring your own towels as these are not provided. Having two bathrooms ensures you can separate by parties or by gender if you so wish! Please also remember to bring only 2 ply toilet paper – two rolls will be provided.
The Kitchen is fully equipped with a cooker containing oven, hob and grill, fridge with freezer compartment, and a microwave. All kitchenware and utensils are provided for each hire.
In the lounge area there is comfortable seating for six (at least) with a large central table and an extra pull down seat for two. A digital television, with in built DVD player, and CD / Digital (DAB) radio player with Bluetooth are also provided through our Kenwood Audio System. WIFI will also be provided using a MIFI device. There are also ample plug sockets available on board (with a maximum capacity of 2kws) this is ample for cruising the cut.
Provided for Each Hire at a Glance
- Narrow-boat for living aboard and cruising the waterways
- Insurance damage waiver
- Full Tank Diesel Fuel
- Digital TV. With DVD player
- Kenwood Audio Stereo with Bluetooth and DAB
- Android Tablet with CanalNav App
- Central Heating provided by an eberspacher heater
- Hot water provided by a calorifier
- Hair Straighteners
- Propane Gas for cooking
- Bathroom products
- cleaning products
- Tea and coffee with an extra little treat
- Microwave oven
- Fully equipped Galley
- Bedroom linen
- Handover procedure approved by the Canal and Rivers Trust
- Preparation of boats for rental
- Repair and maintenance
- Copy of Boaters Handbook
- Relevant maps of the canals
- Operational training
- Signed checklist for operation of the boat
- Steering training (with emphasis on speed and bridges)
- Bridge guide and places of interest
- Copy of the Pearsons guides for navigating the various canl networks
Contact details with 24 hour service and support.
If you have any special request or requirements, please let us know.
Happy cruising from Midland Mallard!